Push

Push - Claire Wallis If you read the reviews this book has quite a bit of hype, describing it has a "different" from your typical NA book. There are some elements that make it different-- mainly the fact that the hero may or may not be a serial killer. I'm not sure it's as genre bending as it is made out to be. I read it from start to finish in one sitting, which is definitely something to recommend it, but that doesn't mean it is particularly original. This is a romantic suspense book marketed as a New Adult. Both the hero and the heroine have tortured pasts, which is the usual NA fare, but with the added element of a completely unreliable hero.

It's an engrossing read and while there is a "cliffhanger," not only do you know from page one exactly how the book will end, it is pretty easy to predict as you are reading how our couple ends up on the bridge at the end. I will probably read the next book, but I don't NEED TO KNOW what happens, because at least to me, it was pretty obvious what is going to happen next.

This book reminds me a bit of "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn, because the author is trying to keep you guessing throughout. It doesn't succeed as well as that book novel, but it was fun to read just the same.