Blue-Eyed Devil

Blue-Eyed Devil - Lisa Kleypas Hardy Cage is my new book boyfriend. I had no idea that I had a thing for Texans, or maybe it's just Lisa Kleypas.

I adore Kleypas historicals, but I didn't know if I would like her contemporaries. I'm glad I gave it a go, this story was poignant and satisfying. Haven has a rough go of it at the start, she gets married and her husband is abusive. Though Haven is a victim, she isn't pitiful. In fact I think she is sort of a testament to inner strength. So while you definitely don't want to read this if you are bothered by scenes of abuse and rape it is really a beautiful story of recovery after you get past the beginning.

But let's talk about Hardy. Good lord. He's dreamy and dark and mysterious all while being the perfect gentleman. He's the guy the word swoon was invented for. I could not get enough. Near the end, around 80% there is a scene where we finally learn about the skeletons in Hardy's closet it was gut wrenching and fantastic all at the same time. The connection between Haven and Hardy is steamy and raw.

I picked this up because Dear Author recommended it for fans of 50 Shades of Grey who are looking for more book with bad boys in them. This is light-years better than 50 Shades and Hardy is a thousands times more delicious than Christian Grey ever dreamed of being.