Surviving Raine

Surviving Raine - Shay Savage Come and get your alpha! Seriously-- this book is enjoyable for the following reasons: 1) there is a shipwreck and a lifeboat which throw our H/h together (how's that for an original meet-cute) 2) Our hero, Bastian, is damaged good. Drinking problem, man-whore type stuff. A big, hot mess (I don't know about you but that is one of my favorite tropes). 3) Bastian is an alpha's alpha. As we go along with this little story and our H/h continue surviving and ultimately make it to a deserted island our hero goes full bore Beast. He all but decides he wants to pee on our poor little heroine to keep her safe.

There's a lot of nonsense in this book. Pretty poor writing (I think it's a self-published) and a general ridiculousness by both the characters at times. As others have pointed out Raine is pretty much a doormat throughout the book. None of that really mattered to me because the story was compelling and as I said...Bastian's an alpha, so if that's not your thing then...