The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie

The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie -  Jennifer Ashley Really liked this. Really really. The H, Ian has Asberger's or high functioning autism. Of course, it's undiagnosed, and back then he was just considered crazy. He's not crazy, but he is completely endearing. I was concerned about reading about a hero that might be socially awkward, I couldn't imagine how the author could make him sexy. I was wrong. Very, very wrong. He has two obsessions: ming vases and women. Stop right there. That's all I needed to know. Lord Ian decides to show our heroine Beth a good time and we're off on an entertaining ride.

Ian's one of the more realistic and compelling heroes in historical romance I've read lately. Our heroine is also dynamite, plucky and independent. Two things that are sadly lacking in most historicals. As a couple of other reviewers pointed out-- three are no insipid virgins here-- here's a woman who knows what she wants and takes it. The best part of the story for me was that the Ian and Beth get each other, I mean sincerely get each other. They're just completely well-suited for one another and it's not just lust. So much lust in historicals with the hero dying to ravage the heroine all the time because she is just so unspeakably gorgeous...blah, blah, blah. These two characters are great together-- rich and deep. I'm thinking about reading the rest of the series, but I don't want to ruin the lovely feeling I have after finishing this one with another story I might not like as much.