The Tied Man

The Tied Man - Tabitha McGowan This book....I don't even know what to say. I've been putting off this review for over a week. It's just...wow. I don't even know. Make sure you know what you're getting into when you open this book up. There is some sick and twisted stuff in this book. It's also EXCELLENTLY written and extremely smart. The dialogue is killer (I read the author was/is a playwright before she wrote this, her debut novel) which explains why the dialogue is just so damn snappy. It is a love story, after a fashion, but the darkness in this book far overshadows it. Having said that, it's probably one of the more romantic stories I've read. Completely heart-wrenching (there are many moments when I literally winced and felt ill while reading), but at the end it was romantic.

I loved this book for all it's darkness and I'm DYING to read the sequel. I was very disappointed when this book ended. I felt like I needed to know what happened to Finn and Lilith. Not wanted to know, NEEDED to know. The book comes to a satisfying resolution but I was left wanting more. That's certainly the mark of a great read.