Random Acts of Crazy

Random Acts of Crazy - Julia Kent Darla was a great narrator. She's funny and irreverent. Her narration really makes this book. The plot is nothing to get too excited about. In fact, at times I felt like I was being hit over the head with a sledge hammer with the explanation of the dichotomy between the rich and the poor. We've got Darla in middle America nowhere land, living in a trailer, dirt poor and then one the other hand we've got the rich guys Tevor and Joe that come in and turn her life upside down. Ultimately Darla turns their world upside down as well, but not before we are reminded over and over again that Darla is poor and Trevor and Joe are rich.

The premise is quirky. Darla finds Trevor hitchhiking naked after a bad (or good depending on if your Trevor) trip. We end up with a menage situation between the three main characters. I didn't think the author played out the ending as well as she could have done, though that is probably because it this book (like every book in history lately) is intended to be a series.

Not sure if I'll read the next one or not.