Fifty Shades of Grey

Fifty Shades of Grey - E.L. James This is a mess of a book. The writing in terrible, the dialogue is weak and the characters are just flat out unbelievable, so why did I read it all in one sitting? I think it is like that orange cheese-product they put on nachos, as you are eating it you know it is really disgusting and filled with chemicals, but it tastes so good you keep eating it. This is book is like that. Once you start you realize that you are essentially reading poorly written poor, but you just don't care. I would say that accounts for the all or nothing reviews that are up about this book. You either buy into the ridiculous story and even more ridiculous characters and you just don't care because of the dangerous pleasure you are indulging in, or you don't and you just see the book for what it is: a hot mess. Fortunately, or unfortunately, I was able to suspend my usual belief in characters who speak and behave in normal ways and forgot about the lack of plot and get behind Christian and Anastasia, but I'm embarrassed to admit it.