Where She Went

Where She Went - Gayle Forman I loved this book as much as the first one but in a completely different way. At first I was horrified by what the character of Adam had become. The first chapter makes him human. In the first book he is almost perfect. The sort of boyfriend that any teenage girl would dream of having, but sadly probably does not exist. This books gives him his humanity by exposing all the insecurities and imperfections and ultimately makes him that much more desirable and more real. I got over absolutely hating what the author had made him into this book as soon as he started revealing the heartbreak, grief and loss he had gone through in the three years he spent away from Mia.

This is certainly another book about characters and not about plot, just as the other book was, but it is a beautiful story. I was so lucky to have read this now, in 2012 because they are both released and I was able to transition seamless from other to another. I stayed up way to late to finish this book, because I felt like I had to have closure for Mia and Adam.

Echoing what others have said, this book might have made me cry more than the first book, even though there is no actual loss. But I connected absolutely with the characters and I think almost